Friday, 5 September 2008

[39] What's Going On

The last few weeks have been busy and stressful, hence the lack of content on this blog. Here are a few notes on what has been happening (personal / boring).

- I am currently in Manchester, at my parent's house.
- I am currently looking for a job in London (I have applied to a couple of University jobs, but we'll see how that goes).
- I am also looking for a place to live in London. I have been down with the girl a couple of times over the last 2-3 weeks. These trips haven't been very successful, but we're sticking at it.
- I have started contributing to CC2K on a weekly basis, writing the Thursday edition of the Morning News Roundup.

There's not much else really. I have been reading through the trade paperbacks of the Warren Ellis / Darick Robertson comic Transmetropolitan. I originally started reading Transmet back in 2000-2001. However, for various reasons I only read up to the release of the 8th TPB, Dirge. I recently discovered that Vertigo are reprinting, and in most cases re-ordering the trades for Transmet, so I'm going to try and snap up the final two volumes now. I'd like to promise an article on the series once I've read the ending, but who knows if I'll get the chance to.

I'll sign off with an interesting video I found on youtube. Black Sabbath's Children of the Grave (great tune), with a video-slideshow made up of the Transmetropolitan covers.

No comments: