Thursday, 18 December 2008

[100] Morning Roundup, other things, etc.

Again, this week has been quite busy. I've been checking out a few screenings in the London Turkish Film Festival, which finished today. I only managed to see two films in the last couple of days, but they were both pretty great. I'll post a write up soon.

I've also written quite a few articles for CC2K and Den of Geek, which I will be posting links to as they are uploaded. They've been distracting me from original blog-matter, but hopefully in the next day or two I will produce something. And maybe a schmaltz-y 2008 retrospective, we'll see.

--------------

Tonight I went down to Bellenden Road in Peckham for the 'Bellenden Bonanza', a late-night shopping event where some of the stores were open until 9pm. There was a roving Christmas Choir, too. I spent a lot of time in Review, which is the stylish, cosy bookshop they have down there. It's recommended if you're ever in the area.

--------------

Two quick things:

- This 2D Flash version of Mirror's Edge may have only one stage, but it is really smooth and fun. Looking forward to later versions of it.

- The most depressing, but fascinating Twitter this side of Warren Ellis is TheMediaIsDying: as-they-break scoops regarding downsizing and cut-backs in print and online media. Lovely!


--------------


This morning we've got some great looking posters for Coraline and GI Joe. Plus, we've got some tidbits including Gore Verbinski's MMORPG-themed film. We've also culled the best end of year toplists the internet can offer. It's all for you, dear reader. It's the Morning Roundup!

Read the full article here.

No comments: