Friday, 19 December 2008

[101] The Spirit: Press Conference Report

Two weeks ago, when I covered the preview screening for The Spirit, I also went to a press conference, with Frank Miller, Samuel L Jackson, Eva Mendes, Scarlett Johansson and Deborah Del Prete in attendance. Whereas the initial press embargo of the 19th was lifted for the screening, it still stood for the conference, so this week I bashed out a report and it went up on Den of Geek just before midnight.

With this article, I decided to branch out a little. I mostly write in my objective, academic-analytical comfort zone. I tried to be a bit subjective, a bit first-person and stylish. I don't think I'd be able to make myself stand out otherwise. It also let me pack in a few comments and opinions about The Spirit adaptation. It was an experiment, and I was quite happy with the results.


-----------------------




Frank Miller, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson and Eva Mendes talk about January's new superhero adaptation...

I walk up the steps out of the Knightsbridge tube station. It is a chilly Thursday afternoon. I quickly glance at my notebook, to check the name of the hotel I'm looking for; there's no need, however, as the Mandarin Oriental Hotel stares at me from across the road. I'm here in order to cover a press conference in aid of
The Spirit, a film adaptation of the Golden Age Will Eisner comic strip, helmed by Frank Miller, creator of Sin City and 300...

Read the full article here.

No comments: