Thursday, 15 January 2009

[125] Morning Roundup, etc.

The last week has been quite busy in its way, what with big essays and interviews going on. Big thanks to Simon at GameSetWatch for the link and advice. Hopefully I can get to work on other such interesting and probing articles in the future.

At the moment, though, I've been a little sporadic. I have a few reviews in the pipeline, including one discussing the first volume of Warren Ellis' Doktor Sleepless series, which I'll be submitting to Comics Bulletin. Also, with all of the Golden Globes / BAFTA buzz around Slumdog Millionaire, I really can't avoid writing something about it. I tried on Sunday and Monday, but it is really one of those films I would like to rewatch, and write at length about its many disparate achievements. I'm finding it hard to hit on everything in a single, condensed review. Watch this space for that.

Today I'm listening to Happy End's album Kazemachi Roman. I re-watched Lost in Translation last night with the Finnish girl and 'Kaze Wo Atsumete' is bouncing around in my head.

And, as it's Thursday...

----------------------------


The Morning Roundup: Jackie Chan Mentors a Karate Kid, Steve McQueen Biopic, BAFTA Nominations...

This morning we've got news about upcoming biopics, adaptations and new properties. As well as your daily dose of superhero movie conjecture and some new images from Kick-Ass. Plus, BAFTA nominations. We'd like to thank the Academy: it's the Morning Roundup!


Read the full article here.

No comments: