Tuesday, 3 February 2009

[138] Vicky Cristina Barcelona Film Review (dir. Woody Allen, 2008)

I wrote this review a couple of weeks ago. I must admit, I had a lot trouble with it, and re-reading it this morning when it went up wasn't a very nice experience. I tried to cut it down from a big essay into something more condensed and to-the-point, however it's still a little rambly and pompous (I feel). Alas, here is my first review of a Woody Allen film.


------------------




Woody Allen takes his film crew to Spain, and comes back with the terrific Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

After a three-film stay in the UK, a run which encompassed the best (Match Point) and worst (Scoop) reviews of his recent career, Woody Allen eloped to Spain to make Vicky Cristina Barcelona. It trails his last picture, the London-set Cassandra's Dream, by only nine months, and is now released to UK cinemas amid a wave of awards buzz...


Read the full article here.

1 comment:

Gustav Dahl said...

I recently found your blog and I like your writings.

About a month ago I was in the cinema with my Spanish class to see Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I think it is a fine movie but nothing special at all. It is fun to watch but very shallow and ligh-weighted.

Good review.