Tuesday, 24 February 2009

[148] Zack and Debbie Snyder Talk Watchmen

Yesterday, I went down to see a preview of the theatrical cut of Watchmen, and then interviewed director Zack Snyder, producer Debbie Snyder and the main cast.

It was a heavy day, involving running around central London, dropping off audio files and rush-writing reviews in pubs and on buses. I also went to see a preview screening of the new Stewart Lee television show, called Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, which is coming to BBC2 early next month.

My review of Watchmen should be up in the next few days, but for the time being here is the first interview segment.


----------------------




We were lucky enough to sit in on a chat yesterday with Zack and Deborah Snyder, director and producer, respectively, of Watchmen. Our review will be up soon, but in the meantime here's what Zack had to say about how he felt when first offered the project...

ZACK SNYDER:
"People said 'It's unfilmable - what makes you think you can film it?'. What made me think I could film it is that I didn't think about it...most of my conversations [with the studio] about whether we should do it was whether they would just accept what I wanted to do too. They call me and they say 'We have a thing called Watchmen' - this was their words - 'We think it's based on a graphic novel...[laughs]...it's PG13, it's two hours, the bad guy dies..."

DEBBIE SNYDER:
"...and we want you to update it to make it the war on terror!"

ZACK SNYDER:
"Yeah! "


Read the full article here.

No comments: