Tuesday, 24 February 2009

[149] Watchmen the Movie Review (dir. Zack Snyder, 2009)

After my interview piece with Zack and Debbie Snyder, my review of the Watchmen movie went up at Den of Geek today.

I had a lot of fun working under pressure with this review. It was a great opportunity as well, even if I find re-reading what I've written a little frustrating.

---------------------



We review Watchmen, the most highly anticipated superhero movie of 2009. But is it faithful...?

Fanboys, lay down your noble swords. Watchmen the movie is here, and it is good.

As the opening titles of Watchmen kick in, an elegiac, graceful montage of photographs passes by, narrating and illustrating its slightly altered, kinky universe - Nixon re-elected for a third term, masked heroes forming a team called the Minutemen, before disbanding - backed by the downbeat strums of Dylan telling us 'The times they are a'changin''. Breath a sigh of relief, as this is the best of all possible worlds.


Read the full article here.

1 comment:

coffee said...

i haven't read the Watchmen comic series, but i can't imagine them packing any more into one movie even if they wanted to, which is good for me, makes me feel like i got my money's worth