Friday, 27 February 2009

[151] Chatting with the Watchmen

Capping off my week of Watchmen articles, here is a 'best of' piece with excerpts from my interviews with the members of the main cast.

------------------




Our chance to talk to the cast and crew of Watchmen was divided up into several sessions, of which we posted the Zack and Debbie Snyder part earlier this week. Here are some highlights from our shared time with the cast...


On violence in the movie...

Jackie Earl Haley

You see people just get shot left and right and things blow up all over the place in cinema and it cracks me up. I mean, is it dark? Is it graphic? It's definitely pretty graphic. I think, again, it's the beauty of fully-realised characters. There's a resonance. To me, this is a super-hero flick. It's got that hyper-reality going for it. It's just smarter. It's like the book did in '86, it's taking an extra, heaping dose of reality and fusing it with that, so it resonates on a deeper level. It's more thought provoking. And when you care, action starts to mean more. And when it means more it hits home in a different kind of way.


Read the full article here.

No comments: