Friday, 24 April 2009

[176] Centurion Set Visit Article

A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to visit the set of Neil Marshall's new film Centurion. It was a great experience, and now my feature on the day is up over at Den of Geek. In other news, things are getting very busy over there - I'm currently working on a huge pile of features and reviews, so hopefully that will materialise into some good content over the next week or two. Overwhelming, but stimulating.


--------




They used to say that all roads led to Rome, but for me, one chilly but clear-skied April morning, it took a bus, two trains (change at Woking) and a short car journey for me to be transported to Second Century Roman Britannia. I had been invited to visit the set of Neil Marshall's (Doomsday, The Descent) new film, Centurion, which is shaping up to be a different, unique take on ancient history.

That day, they were filming a late scene from the picture, which took place in a ransacked, scorched fort, as well as further scenes in a meticulously-designed ancient cottage in the heart of Surrey's Alice Holt Forest. I had the chance to have an early peek at this new flick, and asked some of the cast and crew to shed light on the whole affair.


Read the full article here.

No comments: