Saturday, 2 May 2009

[178] Tiny Mix Tapes Vol. 1: Darfur

Just a quick one. Now available for purchase is the first properly collected, mastered and produced compilation by the American indie-ish music website Tiny Mix Tapes.





I suggest you check it out; I got my copy a few weeks ago, and it's full of exclusive content from a handful of interesting artists. The artwork, designed by erstwhile Delorean section editor Keith Kawaii, is superb. All of the profits go to the International Rescue Committee, for the purposes of providing aid to Sudanese refugees.

Here's the tracklist:

01. Jim O’Rourke - "Seven Stars"
02. Balroynigress - "Dress the Ship in Black"
03. WHY? - "Eskimo Snow (sock hop version)"
04. Frog Eyes - "Bushels (acoustic version)"
05. Burning Star Core - "Incurable Beauty of the Master’s Demise"
06. Xiu Xiu - "Farther On (Traditional)"
07. Mount Eerie - "Calf In Pasture"
08. Wooden Wand - "No Stranger"
09. The Flying Luttenbachers with Henry Kaiser - "Trapped in Ice"
10. nmperign - "Remote Sensing"
11. Dan Deacon - "I Have So Much to Donald"

Some great tracks on there, and it is a real watershed moment for the site, which is still mostly written by voluntary workers and enthusiasts. I'd count myself among them, but I think I'm (rightfully) in the dog-house at the moment for spending over 3 months on a review of The Cure's Wish.

Anyway, this is all for a good cause, and TMT deserve your support. For more information, check their site here.

No comments: