Saturday, 9 May 2009

[180] Henry Selick Interview

On Wednesday, I also had the chance to interview Coraline director Henry Selick. Even though, if I'm being honest, I was more excited to talk to Neil Gaiman, I am just as much a fan of Selick's work. Especially The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is one of my all-time favourite films. Selick is a great talent, and makes wonderful, if few, films. I'm glad I had the chance to meet him.


----------------------




Director Henry Selick's latest picture, Coraline, has been a long time in the making. I got the chance to sit down with the man, and chat about his influences, his work methods, and adapting Neil Gaiman's Coraline novel in stop-motion 3D. We also spoke about the place of the macabre and the creepy in children's film, something which all of Selick's films exhibit, from 1993's The Nightmare Before Christmas to 1997's James And The Giant Peach (DoG Towers' contender for the most under-appreciated children's film of the 1990s).


Read the full article here.

No comments: