Friday, 21 August 2009

[230] Archer MacLean Interview, and Wheelspin Hands-on

Last week, I got to go to the Bethesda Softworks office in London and check out the new game from designer Archer MacLean. It was a funny experience, as I must have been 5 years old when I played MacLean's 1991 game Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker on my Amiga. While preparing for the interview, I came across this clip on Youtube, of Archer appearing on Saturday morning kids' show Motormouth, with Andy Crane. Bizarre, memory-stimulating stuff. You can read my article below.




Game designer Archer MacLean has been plying his trade for quite some time. His first game, the space shooter Dropzone, came out on the Atari 800 and Commodore 64 back in 1984. Since then, he's released games in various genres, including the fighting title International Karate, snooker simulator Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker, and, most recently, the PSP liquid puzzler Mercury. Now, he's turned his wizened eye on racing, with Wheelspin (SpeedZone in North America), which is coming to the Wii this Autumn from Fallout 3 publishers Bethesda Softworks.


Read the full article here.

No comments: