Friday, 29 October 2010

[400] LFF 2010, and beyond.

So that was my first, fully-accredited London Film Festival.




I still have a handful of articles to write and post over at Den of Geek, but the screenings are over, at least. I caught 35 films in the end, which I feel is plenty. Here's my top 10:

Black Swan
Blue Valentine
Lemmy
The Kids Are All Right
Never Let Me Go
William S. Burroughs: A Man Within
Heartbeats / Les Amours Imaginaires
Robinson In Ruins
Living On Love Alone / D'amour et d'eau fraiche
The American

There are quite a few bubbling underneath that, but I'll keep it simple. I feel a little ashamed that almost all of my choices are mainstream English language films, but I guess I backed the wrong foreign/art-house/independent horses. Plus I didn't make too much of the award-winning doc The Arbor, although I did enjoy Archipelago, which received a 'special commendation' from the jury.

No time for rest, though, as today I'm off to the MCM Expo. It's a three-day event this time around, and I've managed to convince myself that my next MA essay (for 'Transnational Japanese Cinema') should be about UK anime fan-culture and cosplay. So there's a lot to look forward to. And another episode of WAW+P Radio. Gosh. See you on the other side.

No comments: