Thursday, 27 January 2011

[434] McSweeney's 36

My new friend from McSweeneyville, USA, arrived this morning. I welcomed him in the Hawaiian style.




This dashing, Clark Gable-like chap is McSweeney's 36, the latest volume in that wildly inspiring quarterly anthology. It's a box! With stuff in! Including... Short fiction! A screenplay! An unfinished novel by Michael Chabon! Journalism on the student political prisoners in Burma! A two-act play! Postcards! So much to pick through. Just watch the video below.




I can't wait to sink into this. McSweeney's - besides displaying amazing flair with their presentation - have a real dedication to all forms of the written word, so there's always something fresh and inspiring to look at. You can read more about it here. Amazon has a pretty good deal on it (in fact, it arrived only a day after despatch, despite me going for Super Saver Delivery), and, Londoners, I believe that Gosh still have some in stock.

Or, if you want to, you can criticise my untidy desk, or disorganised bookshelves. Please yourselves!

No comments: